The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for Monday October 2, 2017

Homecoming is under a week away! Early bird tickets are available for purchase ONLINE NOW for $10.00. Regular price tickets ($12.00) will be available Wednesday 10/4 to Friday 10/6, both online and in person during lunch periods. On the day of the dance, tickets will be available online and at the door for $15. Please note, guest forms must be completed and approved prior to ticket purchases.

This Friday’s football game will be a Blackout vs Darby for the homecoming game. The EBA program and Aviary are making a shirt specific for that game. They are $10 and you can pre order yours in the Aviary now!!!

Congratulations to the marching band! They earned 1st place at the Watkins Memorial contest and 3rd place at the Zanesville Band festival. Additionally, the marching band earned special awards for best percussion, best general effect, best music and best visual effect.

There will be an International Club meeting after school on Thursday, October 5. Please join us and learn more about the many diverse cultures at TWHS.
Announce until Thursday

The Investment Club has a meeting today from 3:10-3:45 pm in Room 232. All are welcome to come learn about money, investing, and stocks.

Calling all writers and muses! TWHS is holding a POETRY competition open to all TWHS students. The winning poem will be set to music by composer and Worthington teacher Jacob Reed & performed by Chelsea Melcher of Opera Columbus and the McConnell Arts Center Orchestra. Second and third place winners will have their poems read at the concert. The deadline is October 9th. Poems must be 12-17 lines and be written about nature, spirituality, love or any combination of those themes. Please see Mrs. Eaton in Room 283 for details.

French Club will be meeting on Tuesday, October 3rd in room 136 after school. If you signed up to bring food, please don’t forget! We will play some get to know you games and record our verb songs. See you there!
Announce until Tuesday 10/3

Sports Events

Send all announcements to [email protected] Students, if you would like to request a song to be played at the beginning of announcements, email your requests to to [email protected], you can view these announcements at TWHSnews.com