The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for Tuesday, November 28th

Here are your announcements for Tuesday,  November 28th:

• The first rehearsal for Guys and Dolls will be Tuesday December 5th at 6pm!  This will be the first official read through of the show. Choral parts will be cast, and hard copies of the script and music will be handed out.  Please check the cast list on the theatre door. A tentative schedule and a breakdown of dance pieces are posted on the door.

• Worthington Field Studies Institute (WFSI) is going to the PACIFIC NORTHWEST next summer!  If you enjoy camping, hiking, swimming, white water rafting, climbing in lava tubes, visiting museums, and experiencing the natural world firsthand, this trip is for you!  It is a trip of a lifetime!  This 32 day camping trip from June 24 – July 25, 2018 earns one (1.0) elective science credit in field ecology while studying ecology, American history, environmental issues, Native American history, and geology.  Applications are due December 20.  The cost is $2300 and partial scholarships are available.  Go to WorthingtonFieldStudies.org to apply for this trip and for a scholarship.  For further information see any of your science teachers.

• The Winter PEP RALLY will feature a LIP SYNC BATTLE THIS FRIDAY! If you are interested in performing please stop by and see Mrs.Goebbel or Mr. Duffy.

• Auditions for the Black History month performance will be held on held Next Tuesday, December 5th after school! Stay tuned for more details tomorrow.

• GET PSYCHED FOR PSYCH CLUB! Our first meeting is THIS Thursday in room 124! The meeting will begin at 3:15 and end at 4:00. We will discuss upcoming meeting dates, activities, and we will be making Rorschach (pronounced “roar shock”) ink blot paintings. Does it get more fun than that? Who knows!? See you there! GET PSYCHEDDDD!
    • Announce until Wednesday

• If you would like to make a donation to the Toys for Tots foundation, there is a collection box in the Central office. The Toys for Tots Foundation accepts new, unwrapped toys that will be distributed to those in need over the holiday season.
    • 11/21 – 12/1

• Would you like to be as secret friend to a child during the holidays? The TWHS community has adopted an elementary school in southern Ohio. As a Secret Friend you would receive a letter from a child and purchase a $20-$25 gift . The gift is to be wrapped and returned to Mrs. Galasso in room 120 by December 12. Names can be taken from The Giving Tree in Central Office during the day or from Mrs. Galasso in room 120, before or after school. Once you have the name Mrs. Galasso or Mrs. Volpe will provide you with a letter from the child.

• “Hey Cards – The Talent Show is happening in late January this year! Try outs will be right after Winter Break – be ready to claim your glory!!!!”

• We are steadily approaching the last show of the semester! Join the Cardinal Theatre for All in the Timing by David Ives on December 1,2,8 and 9 at 8pm. All in the Timing is a collection of one act comedies that examines how timing can affect our lives in many different ways! Whether it is a chance meeting at a party, or if over time monkeys can evolve and write Shakespeare…. The clock is always ticking! All shows are at 8pm and all tickets are $9. Visit twhstheatre.org for more details

• Sports Events
  • Send all announcements to [email protected]. Students, if you would like to request a song to be played at the beginning of announcements, email your requests to to [email protected], you can view these announcements at TWHSnews.com
  • Closing
    • That’s all of the announcements for today and remember, it’s always a great day to be a cardinal