The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for Wednesday October 4, 2017

Congratulations to our September Cardinals of the Month! These students were nominated by staff members for demonstrating respect, building positive relationships, and taking ownership.

Ethan Gerding

Joe Rhodes
Mikala Hamilton
Owen Graham
Joe Old
Gina Hillyer
Tamica Gordon
Cynthia (Cat) Jackson
Kyler Block
Valentina Cardenas
Matt Shockley
Eunice Nsaam

In addition, two staff members were recognized for their outstanding work in the building. Congratulations to: Mrs. Goebbel and Mrs. Jarvis

• Homecoming tickets are now $12 until Friday 10/6, both online and in person during lunch periods.  On the day of the dance, tickets will be available online and at the door for $15.  Please note, guest forms must be completed and approved prior to ticket purchases.
  • Open Gyms are held on Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 in the Aux Gym.  Our next open gym is on October 10.  Follow Boys volleyball on Twitter @TWHS_boysvball for updates.  Players of all skill levels and classes are welcome to attend, no prior experience needed.  
  • International Club will meeting after school in room 281 on Thursday, October 5.  Please join us and learn more about the many diverse cultures at TWHS.
  • There will be a meeting held tomorrow, October 5th for anyone interested in joining Sewing club. The meeting will be held right after school (3:05-3:30) in the cafeteria.
  • Calling all writers and muses! TWHS is holding a POETRY competition open to all TWHS students. The winning poem will be set to music by composer and Worthington teacher Jacob Reed & performed by Chelsea Melcher of Opera Columbus and the McConnell Arts Center Orchestra. Second and third place winners will have their poems read at the concert. The deadline is October 9th. Poems must be 12-17 lines and be written about nature, spirituality, love or any combination of those themes. Please see Mrs. Eaton in Room 283 for details.