Announcements for January 09, 2018

• The gymnastics team will be pre selling Krispy Kreme donuts for delivery on Jan 20.

• Do you sometimes wonder how you can make a difference here at school or in our community? Do you want to have your voice heard and be part of the change you wish to see in society? Do you want to be part of the solution? If so please attend an informational meeting on tomorrow, 4th period in the counseling center. Check in with your 4th period teacher first, for attendance, and then come to the counseling center. After the brief meeting, you will be given a pass back to class.

• FRIDAY, January 12th at 3:05 pm is the deadline to submit applications for National Honor Society. You must submit a google form, AND turn in the teacher signature document to Ms.Cardinal in room 124. If you were inducted last year, you do not need to re-apply. Late applications or partial applications will not be accepted.

• Current NHS member inducted last year: if you wish to earn your gold cord at graduation, you must submit 20 hours of community service via google form on our google classroom page by February 1st. If you do not submit your hours by February 1st, you will not receive a gold cord.

• The Cardinal Theatre continues their theatre season with Belles! Belles is the story of 6 sisters whose relationship has become strained after years of frustration and many miles apart. Belles will open on January 11th, with additional performances on the 12th and 13th. Each show is at 8pm and tickets are $9

• On Wednesday, January 10th there will be a brief meeting after school for students who are in After School Theatre Repertory or who were cast in a 2nd semester show. It is very important that those students are there. The meeting should not take more than 20 minutes. If you cannot be there please see Mr. Nawman between 4th and 8th period for the information. If you are unsure if you were cast in a show please refer to the cast lists from last semester. There will be an updated cast list for the children’s show posted later this week.

• The talent show is happening later this month. Tryouts are TODAY after school. Hopefully you spent your winter break practicing. Sign up to tryout by filling out the google form in your graduating class’ google classroom and grabbing a flyer from central office.

• Attention Seniors- The Diploma of Distinction application is now available in the School Counseling office, or on the TWHS website. The Diploma of Distinction recognizes students for their excellence in academics, character, and service in one or more specific subject areas. Applications are due to Mr. Quart in the School Counseling office by January 12th! Stop by and pick up your application today!