Announcements for Friday, January 12, 2018

• The gymnastics team will be pre selling Krispy Kreme donuts for delivery on January 20.

• Attention seniors: If you need a mid-year transcript sent to a college or university you are applying to, please stop into the School Counseling office in person and update your transcript release form. If you are unsure if a college you applied to needs a mid-year transcript, please check the school’s website for information. Once your request is made in person, Counselors can send your updated transcript within 48 hours. If you have questions regarding mid-year transcripts, please see your School Counselor.

• Calling all juniors! This Wednesday, January 17th from 6:30 to 7:30 PM, your School Counselors will be presenting, “Junior Night, Planning and Preparing for College.” Juniors and parents are strongly encouraged to attend to the presentation to learn of college timelines, applying to college, ACT/SAT, Scholarships, and much more. Sophomore students and parents are welcome to attend as well! Questions, see your School Counselor

• Many thanks to all those who donated and assisted in our annual student council blood drive. We surpassed our goal of 57 units, and collected 64 units of blood making this one of the most successful blood drives ever! Congratulations Cards!

• Attention Sophomores: If you are planning on applying to the Delaware Area Career Center, you must complete your online application by Friday, February 2 for priority consideration.  Please stop by the School Counseling Office with questions!  We are happy to help you complete your online application, if you need it.

• Attention 10-12 Grade Students: On Saturday, January 27, we will be offering the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, more commonly known as the ASVAB test, from 8 am-12 pm in the TWHS Library.  This is a test that is required for all students who plan on entering the military, but also serves as a wonderful career exploration opportunity. There will be a sign-up sheet in the School Counseling Office for students beginning TOMORROW until Wednesday, January 24.  Please see Mrs. Preisse in the School Counseling Office with any additional questions!

• The deadline to submit applications for National Honor Society is TODAY at 3:05. You must submit a google form, AND turn in the teacher signature document to Ms.Cardinal in room 124. If you were inducted last year, you do not need to re-apply. Late applications or partial applications will not be accepted.

• Current NHS member inducted last year: if you wish to earn your gold cord at graduation, you must submit 20 hours of community service via google form on our google classroom page by February 1st. If you do not submit your hours by February 1st, you will not receive a gold cord.

• French Club is meeting this Tuesday, January 16th to celebrate Kings’ Day.  We will be eating French food and responding to pen pal letters from Middle School students.  Sign up to bring some French food to share on the Google Classroom page.

• The Cardinal Theatre continues their theatre season with Belles! Belles is the story of 6 sisters whose relationship has become strained after years of frustration and many miles apart. Belles will have performances on the TODAY and TOMORROW. Each show is at 8pm and tickets are $9

• The theatre meeting scheduled has been rescheduled for Wednesday, the 17th after school.  The meeting will take 15-20 minutes.  Anyone who is in ‘after school’ theatre repertory class or cast in a 2nd semester show that has NEVER had theatre repertory as a class should be there.

• Attention Seniors- The Diploma of Distinction application is now available in the School Counseling office, or on the TWHS website. The Diploma of Distinction recognizes students for their excellence in academics, character, and service in one or more specific subject areas. Applications are due to Mr. Quart in the School Counseling office TODAY! Stop by and pick up your application today!