Announcements for Wednesday, March 7, 2018

• TOMORROW we will be hosting our first annual Military Education Night for any families within our district who would like to learn more about the different branches of the military, and the opportunities for students within each.  This presentation will take place in the TWHS Auditorium at 6 PM.

• Want to be entered to win a $5 gift card? Want to be featured in the yearbook? Send your best photos to [email protected] or see Ms. Matson in room 172 for details. Photos must be received by March 23 to be entered to win!

• TWHS Spiritwear is back! New items and new designs are available. Items ship right to your house and will be delivered around March 29th. The store is open now and ends at 11:55pm on March 12th! Check it out at: myfanstand.com/Showroom/ThomasWorthingtonAthletics/522969

• Attention Seniors: Looking for scholarship money? Look no further than the School Counseling tab on the TWHS website. There, you can find 40 local scholarships totaling to over $40,000 for you to apply for. Deadlines are approaching, so start completing the scholarship applications now! If you have any questions, please see Mr. Quart in the school counseling office.

• Feel like vegging out? Come explore the plant-based lifestyle, sharpen your cooking skills, and change the world…. All while eating delicious food. Join the TWHS VegClub. All are welcome – vegans, vegetarians, and those who are just curious. Who knows, maybe Kyrie Irving will show up?! Our next meeting is TODAY at 3:30. We will be doing a chicken tender taste test. See Mr. Duffy in room 269 with any questions.

• Asian Culture Club will be meeting TODAY after school in room 136. We will be celebrating Korea and the Pyeongchang Olympic Games with some fun activities and competitions. We hope to see you there.

• Attention seniors. Do you want to earn a little money AND be a good citizen? The Franklin County Board of Elections is in need of poll workers for the May 8 elections. Training will be April 3 at TWHS.  Applications are available in the Senior Commons or from Mrs. Galasso in rm 120. All paperwork is due by TODAY to Mrs. G.
  • ATTENTION SENIORS – If you would like to choose who presents you with your diploma at graduation, Don’t forget to turn in your diploma presenter letters to Mrs. Wilson in Room 198 asap.   Forms are due by March 23. If you do not pick someone, a Board of Education member will hand you your diploma.
  • Congratulations to following art students on their selection to the Regional Ohio Governor’s Youth Art Exhibition

Drawing / Painting Category

Emma Beard

Owen Burhnham

Bleddyn Euton

Allie Johnson

Ceramic

Lilija Winkler

Craft / Metals

Christine Adeyemi

Caroline Bootes

Michael Bowen

Ian Byard

Chloe Delaney

Alicia Diggs Hall

Ian Grimm

Dean Orloff

Cole Tucker

These student works will advance to State level judging to be held next Saturday at Hilliard Davidson HS. Good luck to all and again, Congratulations!

• Attention all seniors, any boy or girl seniors who do not play basketball are encouraged to sign up to be on the student team for the student staff basketball game which will be at the end of the school day on March 23. There are 20 available spots on the team and this year’s sign-ups will be in the Class of 2018 google classroom. Make sure to sign up at 3:05 p.m. on March 12, when the google form officially opens. More information will be provided to the members of the team after the spots are filled.

• Come out to cheer on the Worthington Stars as they take on the Worthington Ambassadors, TOMORROW @ 7:00pm at Worthington Kilbourne HS! Admission is FREE! This is guaranteed to be the best basketball game you will ever attend. Special appearances by Liam “Woo Hoo” Maloney, Nolan “Snap Shot” Maloney, and AJ WHITLATCH! Come out and cheer on your classmates, it will mean so much to them and their families, not to mention you will have a blast!

• Sports
    • Boys Volleyball tryouts will be held TODAY and TOMORROW in the main gym from 3:05-5:00.

• Congratulations to the following Boys Track and Field athletes who competed at the Indoor State Championship on Saturday:

4×800 of Clay Wood, Theory Schroder, Wesley Horton, Michael Corbett – 24th place

Arjun Jha – 4th in 1600m run

Andy Payne – STATE CHAMPION in 3200m run

4×400 of James Gaiters, Theory Schroder, Arjun Jha, Cam Ryan – 10th place

Good luck to Arjun Jha and Andy Payne who will compete in the New Balance Indoor National Track and Field Championships in New York City next weekend.

• This past weekend the girls track and field team competed at State Indoor Championship at the SPIRE Institute.

The following girls earned ALL OHIO Honors by placing in the the top eight in the state:

Tori Banks in the 4 x 800 meter relay

Sarah Charley in both the long jump and 4 x 400 meter relay

Allyicia Diggs-Hall in the 4 x 400 meter relay

Lydia Miller in the 4 x 800 meter relay

Cassidy Shaver in both the 4 x 800 meter relay and the 4 x 400 meter relay

Carina Napoleon in the 4 x 800 meter relay, the 4 x 400 meter relay and the Open 800 Run