Announcements for Friday, April 6, 2018

• Election season has arrived for Student Council. Do you feel the call to lead? Do you want to be a force of change at TWHS? Do you want to ensure next year is a success? Then Student Council is for you. Up first is our Student Body Officer elections. Interested juniors can pick up a packet in Central Office or find it in Google Classroom. Completed packets are due by Wednesday, April 11. Please see Mr. Duffy in room 269 if you have any questions

• Attention Seniors:  Are you looking for part-time employment over the summer or during college next year?  Are you interested in working full-time next year to save money? Then we have an awesome opportunity for you!  On Friday, May 4, we are going to host our first annual Job Fair at the Worthington Education Center from 9-11 AM.  Transportation will be provided for all students, so please stop by the School Counseling Office for a permission slip. We expect you to prepare a resume, dress professionally, and be ready to interview with potential future employers!  We will have a wide variety of employers there including: ​Worthington Industries, Bob Evans, Columbus Zoo, Huntington Bank, and more! You will have the opportunity to participate in mock interviews, and complete job applications on the spot as well. Please stop by the School Counseling Office to see Mrs. Preisse or Ms. Starks with additional questions!

• If you requested to take a Math or Chemistry course for college credit through Central Ohio Technical College during the 2018-2019 school year, please check the testing schedule posted on the windows of the School Counseling office for your day and time to test. Testing will occur next week during the late arrival schedule and begin at 7:45 in the TWHS library. Again, please check the windows outside the Counseling office for your specific day and time to test. If you have questions, or a conflict, please see Mr. Quart ASAP. This will be your only opportunity to test at the high school.

• The TWHS Canned Food and Toiletry Drive is going on now through Wednesday, April 11th. We will be collecting items this year at the West End. On your way into school, you will see a collection of boxes. Drop off your canned goods and toiletries into the corresponding box for your graduating class’ bin. Canned food donations will be given to the Worthington food pantry and the toiletries will be donated to Choices for Victims of Domestic Violence. Let’s do our part Cards and make an impact!

• Has your life changed? Are you better off because of a Worthington teacher or staff Member? If so, then nominate him or her for The Gary Smith Compassionate Teaching Award. Let us know examples of how she or he impacted your life and school experience. Nomination forms are posted in front of the Guidance Office. Show your gratitude. Honor someone who deserves to be recognized for a big heart and hard work on your behalf.