Announcements for Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018

• Homecoming is next week! Want to make sure your favorite song makes the DJ’s playlist? Then log onto to your class’s Google Classroom page and take the Homecoming Song Request Survey.
  • Homecoming guest forms can be found in your graduating classes’ Google Classroom along with information on tickets and other important Homecoming details.
  • Asian Cultural Club will be meeting after school today in room 176. We’ll be celebrating India and its beautiful culture. We hope to see you there!
  • There will be an environmental club meeting tomorrow to discuss future plans and elect officers. It is in the ceramics room with mr spencer, room 188
  • Sewing club is holding its first meeting Thursday, October 4th in room 250 from 3:15 -5:15. Meetings are every other Thursday and everyone is welcome! Along with sewing, you can knit or embroider. While there are materials to borrow, you may bring any supplies and projects you want to work on.
  • For the second time, Student Council will be holding the Eric Clark Memorial Kickball Tournament for our annual Homecoming Events. We will have bracket play on Monday 10/8 and host the Finals during the Court Announcement and Bonfire Festivities. Gather your teams quickly! Forms to have a team can be found in the central office & must be returned by Friday October 5 with all teammates names & contact information.
  • Bowling is holding informational meetings in Mrs. Hecker’s room on the 4th and 11th. The meetings will be afterschool from 3:30-4:15.
  • Homecoming tickets go on sale THIS Friday, October 5th. They are available online from October 5th through October 9th for $10. They are also available at lunch for $10 on October 10th. Ticket price will increase as the dance nears. See google classroom for more details.
  • On October 5 and 6 the Cardinal Theatre will perform the musical SMILE.  Smile is a look at the inner workings, and oftentimes unfulfilled world of beauty pageants! Every show is at 8pm, and tickets are $11!  We hope to see you there!
  • The Columbus Suburban College Fair will be held at Otterbein University on Sunday, Oct. 7th from 1-3:30pm. Attending the college fair is an excellent way to talk with college representatives, get questions answered, and pick-up items of interest. Hope to see you there!
  • Attention Sophomores: Interested in visiting the Delaware Area Career Center?  Permission slips for the field trip on Friday, November 16 are due to the School Counseling Office by Friday, October 12.  We have extra copies of the permission slip in the School Counseling Office, in case you need one.  Interested students will get to see their top two choice programs during our visit. For questions, please stop by the School Counseling Office!
  • Please be reminded that if you are an underclassmen (grades 9, 10, 11), you are expected to remain in the cafeteria during lunch periods – unless you have a note to go elsewhere from a staff/faculty member (i.e., a teacher’s classroom, or the library, or the nurse).
  • Are you interested in attending a PURPOSE meeting? Next Wednesday come to the Library right after school to hear motivating messages, build future goals along with peers, and enjoy a light snack. Transportation is provided. IF YOU CONFIRM A REQUEST BY THE PREVIOUS TUESDAY with Dr. Carr in Central Office. YOU WILL NOT HAVE A RIDE HOME IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM BY NEXT TUESDAY FOR WEDNESDAY’S MEETING.
  • Are you a college-bound senior and interested in competing for a $500 scholarship, and a chance to qualify for a $5000 scholarship?! Well…if so, all you have to do is respond to, “How has social media impacted today’s youth, and what influence does it have on their future?” For more details, pick up an entry flyer in Central Office. The deadline is October 19th.
  • This season give the gift of warmth. Thomas Worthington high school will be holding a winter coat drive now through December 5th. All donations will go to the open shelter, please bring all coats to the basket in central office. Any further questions please see Samantha Pratt.