Announcements for Tuesday, October 9th, 2018

• Homecoming is this Saturday! Want to make sure your favorite song makes the DJ’s playlist? Then log onto to your class’s Google Classroom page and take the Homecoming Song Request Survey.
  • Homecoming guest forms can be found in your graduating classes’ Google Classroom along with information on tickets and other important Homecoming details.
  • Please be reminded that if you are an underclassmen (grade 9, 10, or 11), you are expected to remain in the cafeteria during lunch periods – unless you have a note to go elsewhere from a staff/faculty member (i.e., a teacher’s classroom, or the library, or the nurse).
  • Homecoming tickets are on sale now! They are available online today and tomorrow for $10. They are also available at lunch for $10 on October 10th. Ticket price will increase as the dance nears. See google classroom for more details.
  • Hey Cards….are you reppin’ your school with decency and pride? Take a look at what you’re wearing…..are you keepin’ – It- Classy? No open mid-drifts, or shirts that show bare backs or shoulders. No representations of alcohol, drugs or tobacco… or drug paraphernalia. No bandanas. Page 15 of our student handbook details everything you need to know. Remember….keep-it-cardinal-like with class and pride!
  • Are you interested in attending a PURPOSE meeting? Tomorrow come to the Library right  after school to hear motivating messages, build future goals along with peers, and enjoy a light snack. Transportation is provide…..IF YOU CONFIRMED A REQUEST LAST TUESDAY with Dr. Carr in Central Office. YOU WILL NOT HAVE A RIDE HOME IF YOU DIDNT CONFIRM LAST TUESDAY FOR  TOMORROWS MEETING.
  • If you pre-ordered a 2017-2018 yearbook you must pick it up between 7:30 and 7:45 between central office. You have until Thursday, October 11th to pick your yearbook up.
  • The next French Club meeting will be on Thursday, October 11th in room 136 after school.  Please see Madame Hunter if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!
  • Bowling is holding an informational meeting in Mrs. Hecker’s room on the 11th. The meeting will be afterschool from 3:30-4:15.
  • The TWHS Diversity Club will have it’s next meeting on Friday, October 12th during 4th period in rm. 127. Please see Ms. Starks in the Counseling office if you have any questions.
  • Attention Sophomores: Interested in visiting the Delaware Area Career Center?  Permission slips for the field trip on Friday, November 16 are due to the School Counseling Office by Friday, October 12.  We have extra copies of the permission slip in the School Counseling Office, in case you need one.  Interested students will get to see their top two choice programs during our visit. For questions, please stop by the School Counseling Office!
  • Are you a college-bound senior and interested in competing for a $500 scholarship, and a chance to qualify for a $5000 scholarship?! Well…if so, all you have to do is respond to, “How has social media impacted today’s youth, and what influence does it have on their future?” For more details, pick up an entry flyer in Central Office. The deadline is October 19th.
  • Softball will be holding their parent/player meeting on October 25th from 6:45- 8:15 pm in the library. If you are interested in playing softball next year, please attend!
  • This season give the gift of warmth. Thomas Worthington high school will be holding a winter coat drive now through December 5th. All donations will go to the open shelter, please bring all coats to the basket in central office. Any further questions please see Samantha Pratt.