The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School
Worthington Christian places signs outside of their school that closely resemble the signs that Tim Ball uses to promote the ABCs of Betrayal website. Worthington Christian playfully mocks his cause by promoting love.

An outspoken resident of Worthington, Tim Ball founded the crusade, ABCs of Betrayal, against Worthington Christian and the Grace Church in response to a supposed 10-year scam, including employed child molesters, against the students of Worthington Christian and their parents.

In 2008, Worthington Christian High School Teacher and Boys Varsity Soccer Coach, Dwayne Smith resigned from the school and lost his teaching license after he admitted to fondling a middle-school girl. The following week, Jason Crary, the girls’ varsity soccer coach, and high school English teacher, was arrested due to sexual assault charges from the school he had previously taught at in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Ball believes that Worthington Christian was aware of Smith and Crary’s sexual assault charges and that they willingly put the students into a very dangerous situation. Ball credits the Worthington Christian organization with fraud because of their acceptance of $60,000 per student. This number, according to Ball, is “approximately the amount paid from preschool to grade 12”. By not disclosing information about the presence of sex offenders on staff, parents would most likely not pay the large sum of money for their children to attend the school.

Many people morally agree with Ball that schools should not employ sex offenders and child molesters. Ohio State Law supports this idea—according to Code 2950.034, registered sex offenders can’t live “within one thousand feet of any school premises or preschool or child day-care center premises”. But in contrast, people do not agree with the ways that Ball is attempting to spread his message. In a public comment on Ball’s podcast website, Sarah Foreman writes that Ball “scares parents and children every week by standing outside Grace Church Powell”. Tori Banks, senior class president, attended Worthington Christian High School’s graduation last year and stated that Ball was “outside the building by the parking lot with his signs.” She claims that on the exciting day of graduation it was “uncomfortable and sad” to see him protesting against the school.

Instead of crusading against Ball, Worthington Christian hopes to continue to “develop the mind of Christ in students through rigorous intellectual, creative, and physical pursuits” and promote unity amongst the school, student body, teacher administration, and the Worthington community.

TWHS NEWS • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in