Announcements for Wednesday, January 23rd, 2018

• Second semester theater survey students and cast members: there will be a brief meeting after school on Thursday, January 24th in the Cardinal theater.
  • The boys volleyball team has open gym from 6-8 PM every Sunday in the Main Gym.  Come join Worthington’s fastest growing sport!

• The Thomas Worthington Chess Club recently competed in the Brain Freeze Chess Tournament sanctioned under the United States Chess Federation. Each team member played 5 games and were scored by their total accumulated points. Michael Corbett also received 1st place in the U900 division and Owen Jones received 2nd place in the U900 division. Garret Graham received 1st place in the U600 division. Thanks to the entire team’s efforts, which included Morgan Chavez and Iris Gould, Thomas Worthington earned a first place team award, which goes to the school with the most combined points. Join us this Friday in the library after school if you want to come out for some fun chess play. All levels are welcomed.
  • The TWHS Talent Show is nearly here! At 7pm on Wednesday, the Evening show will take place – 16 acts made up of over 30 students will show off their talent. There will be singing, jokes, dancing, and more! Students and staff – FREE w/ID; $5 for adults; $3 for youth.  Attendees will each receive a ballot to vote for favorite acts; the top 5 acts will to move on to perform for the student body during 3A/3B on Friday, January 25. That’s right – the day show is this Friday! Tickets will be on sale for the 3B performance starting Wednesday before school! Talk to your 3rd period teacher about buying a ticket in class!
  • Attention 10-12 Grade Students: On January 26 the ASVAB test is being offered from 9 am-12 pm in the TWHS Library.  This test is required for all students who plan on entering the military, but is also a wonderful career exploration opportunity. There is a sign-up sheet in the School Counseling Office for students until tomorrow.  Please see Mrs. Preisse (price) in the School Counseling Office with any additional questions!
  • Do you want to participate in your community? Do you feel strongly about a certain topic? Join Activist Club! The next meeting is January 24th in Mr. (p)flieger’s room to write letters to our government officials. There’ll be food! See you there!
  • Still interested in travelling to Scandinavia with your TWHS classmates this summer? Well, you’re in luck because there is still time to enroll! All interested travelers must be enrolled by February 15th. Stop by room 122 to see Ms. VanFossen for more information.
  • Reminder that cap and gown orders are due by January 31st.  If you are planning to participate in the commencement ceremony you must have a cap and gown.  Orders will be delivered to the school and can be picked up in the CARDs Center on March 26 and March 27th.
  • The 2019 B. Davis Scholarship is now being offered by the creators of the “Student Award Search Aid” website. The deadline for applications is May 24, 2019. The amount of Scholarship is $1,000. For more information and  to learn more about applying for the scholarship visit http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm  

• Student are to have a physical hall pass when in the hall except for:
    1. Going to the library during lunchtime.
    2. Going to the bathroom during lunchtime.
    3. Going to the attendance office for an early dismissal.
    4. You are a senior and you’re headed to the Cards Center from the lunchroom Please remember to follow these expectations for your and all of our safety.
  • Food deliveries during school hours are strictly prohibited. Please remember not to order food for delivery during school hours (7:45 am – 3:0 5pm). It is disruptive;it distracts your teachers from teaching, you from learning and your classmates because…..they want some of your food!
    Please…..DON’T DO IT! Please…don’t do it.
  • Guess what Cards….?If you’re not a senior….YOU-CANNOT-GO-OUT-OF-THE-BUILDING-FOR-LUNCH! Please remember, and plan accordingly. You will be referred for a student handbook violation if you choose to do so. ALSO, for those students with late arrival – or who enter the building after the morning tardy bell…YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SHOW YOUR ID. In fact, did you know that EVERY student is to have your ID ready to show at any time while here at TWHS? – it’s for safety reasons.
  • There’s a PURPOSE Meeting  today!!!……New attendees are ALWAYS WELCOMED! The meeting will convene in the Library, right after school @ 3:15 pm. Come get inspired to work toward being your best self!