Announcements for Monday, February 4th, 2018

• The Aviary is OPEN for BUSINESS!  This semester, juniors in the EBA program will be staffing the school store, so come see them and pick up a Sparkling Ice, a snack and check out one of our brand new shirt styles.  The Aviary…..it’s FOR STUDENTS, BY STUDENTS
  • Still interested in traveling to Scandinavia with your TWHS classmates this summer? Well, you’re in luck because there is still time to enroll! All interested travelers must be enrolled by February 15th. Stop by room 122 to see Ms. VanFossen for more information.

• The COMTO Columbus Scholarship is now being offered to students who express an interest in pursuing college studies in a transportation related field. Information on the scholarship can be found at http://comtocolumbus.org/scholarship/ after clicking apply at the bottom of the page.  Applications are due by March 15. Paperwork can be picked up in Central office.
  • Student are to have a physical hall pass when in the hall except for:
    1. Going to the library during lunchtime.
    2. Going to the bathroom during lunchtime.
    3. Going to the attendance office for an early dismissal.
    4. You are a senior and you’re headed to the Cards Center from the lunchroom. Please remember to follow these expectations for everyone’s safety.

• Food deliveries during school hours are strictly prohibited. Please remember not to order food for delivery during school hours (7:45 am – 3:0 5pm). It is disruptive; distracts your teachers from teaching, you from learning and your classmates because they’ll want some of your food!  Please…..DON’T DO IT!
  • If you’re not a senior you are not allowed to go out of the building for lunch! Please remember, and plan accordingly. You will be referred for a student handbook violation if you leave. Also, for students with late arrival – or who enter the building after the morning tardy bell..you are required to show your ID. For safety reasons, every student is to have your ID ready to show at any time while here at TWHS.  

• This weekend the Cardinals traveled to the SPIRE Institute and competed in the Ohio Preview Meet.Gia Napoleon dropped eight seconds to win the 1600 meter in a time of 4:59 and is currently ranked #1 in the state.  She is also qualified to the Indoor National Championship in New York City! Carina Napoleon dropped seven seconds in the 800 meter for a time of 2:13 and is currently ranked #1 in the state.  She is also qualified to the Indoor National Championship in New York City! Lydia Miller improved her career personal record by five seconds for a 5:09 in the 1600 meter and is currently ranked #5 in the state. The girls’ 4 x 800 meter relay of Lydia Miller, Tori Banks, Carina Napoleon, and Gia Napoleon ran the relay for the first time of the season in 9:26 and are currently ranked state #1.  They also qualified to the Indoor National Championship in New York City! The girls’ 4 x 400 meter relay of Carina, Gia, and sophomores Jada Stephens and Jazmine Rogers remained idle this weekend and are currently ranked #3 in the state. Freshman Justin Braun won the boys 400 m in state #1 time of 49.1 and was just announced as the US Milesplit KICK OF THE WEEK.