Announcements for Wednesday, September 11th

• There will be a community service club meeting today, Wednesday after school in room 120. Everyone is welcome.
  • Student Council has narrowed this year’s HOCO theme to three options. Please vote for your favorite by logging on to your class’s Google Classroom page. The winning theme will be announced next week!
  • Order your yearbook today at buckeyescholastic.com. The early bird price of $60 only lasts through September 15th! Don’t miss out!
  • This week the Cardinal Theatre kicks off its 2019-2020 season with the musical INSIDE OUT! A women’s therapy group, headed by their group therapist is transformed forever when a former pop star joins the group and winds up being a catalyst for change in the lives of a flower child of the 1980’s; a powerful businesswoman who has problems balancing work and home; a gay bank employee and single mom of a teenage son; and a mother of two young children who is dealing with weight issues. Come see this hilarious and heartwarming musical! Tomorrow and the 14th at 8PM. Visit www.twhstheatre.org for box office information!
  • Tomorrow there will be a PURPOSE meeting! PURPOSE stands for People Using Raw Potential Optimizing Student Excellence.The group provides an opportunity for students to come to engage in goal setting for personal growth, social/emotional learning, career exploration, and college planning. Don’t Miss it! It will be right after school in our Library. The meeting will start at 3:20 pm. Transportation is available upon request, so see Dr. Carr to reserve a seat at the table. Remember….if you don’t sign up…you won’t be counted! Come and be inspired for your greatness!!
  • Are you interested in science? Do you love solving problems? Then join the TWHS Science Olympiad Team. This is a fast paced, competitive science competition. Our first meeting is tomorrow in room 156. See your science teacher for more information. 
  • Would you like to travel to Puerto Rico during the spring break of 2020 with the Worthington Field Studies and earn a half elective science credit? The group will go snorkeling, swim at beaches, and go zip lining in the rain forest while we study the different ecosystems in Puerto Rico. Come to a meeting on September 19 at 7:00 pm in room 176 at TWHS. If you are interested, but you cannot come to the meeting, please contact Mr. Spencer at TWHS for the application and forms for the trip.
  • This Saturday and Sunday @ the worthington pool is the girls water polo Ohio Cup! Their Saturday games are being held at 10am, 2pm & 7pm. Admission is free to all Worthington students and staff.
  • Let’s get fired up Cards! The fall sports pep rally is next Friday– just in time for our first home football game! If you want to take part in the 3rd annual lip sync battle– see Mrs Goebbel in the athletics office for more information!
  • This Friday is our first home football game! It will be beach theme. The best dressed guy and girl in each lunch period will get pizzas at the game!