The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for August 31, 2023

• Art. Improv. Robotics. Dance. Skiing. These are just a few of the things you can get involved with through Thomas Worthington’s clubs and activities. Tomorrow, September 1st, there will be an activity fair in the main gym during lunch periods for students to drop by and check out the many clubs and sports we have to offer. Come on by between 3B and 5B and see all we have to offer. You never know: you might just discover your new thing!”
  • Science Olympiad will have its first meeting today after school in Room 176. Anyone interested can stop in or contact Mr. Joyce
  • The time has come for Freshman student council elections! Any interested students should pick up a registration packet from Central Office or from Mrs. Davidson in room 280. For any students interested in being officers, there will be a mandatory meeting on September 6th at 8am in room 280. Contact Mrs. Davidson if you have any questions.
  • Do you want to join Cards for kids? Thomas Worthington High School students involved in the Cards For Kids Program serve as mentors to elementary school students. The Cards For Kids Program provides a way to use the talents and skills of teens as role models to younger children and be supportive of teachers in the classroom. If you would like to sign up or get more information, please stop by the counseling office to pick up an application.
  • The Aviary is now open! Due to construction, we’ve moved to the old student government space, just across the hall from the old location. FLY ON BY and see us any period, except 6th to get something to drink, a snack or even some Cardinal swag.
  • Worthington Schools will be offering 10th and 11th grade students the opportunity to take the PSAT/NMSQT for free during the school day on October 10th. If you would like more information OR want to sign up, please scan the QR code outside Central Office to the right of the aviary OR stop in and see Mr. Thomas or Mr. Shaffer. The deadline set by the College Board to sign up is September 5th at 3:20 pm.