The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for September 19, 2023

A required Digital Readiness Check for students who signed up for the PSAT/NMSQT will be held in the Main Gym on Wednesday, September 20th at the start of 2nd period. Any student taking the test will need to attend with a school-issued Chromebook. The check will take place during Homeroom and is expected to last about half an hour. Students will fill out some information about themselves and their college aspirations, make sure their device is able to run the digital PSAT/NMSQT, and take a test preview to get familiar with the test interface. Please make sure your Chromebook is fully charged before the check on Wednesday. If you do not have a school-issued device, there will be a Chromebook cart available. Please check your school email for updates regarding PSAT/NMSQT. If you have any questions, please stop down in Central Office.”

Ever been to paradise? Do you want to go? Then join us in Summer 2024 for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji! Embark on the adventure of a lifetime and explore the captivating beauty of three incredible destinations in one amazing journey. Immerse yourself in diverse cultures, breathtaking landscapes, and unforgettable experiences. Discover the cosmopolitan charm of Sydney with its iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Explore the mesmerizing geothermal wonders of Rotorua. Immerse yourself in Fijian culture and experience a traditional Kava ceremony. The trip includes flights to all three countries, hand-picked accommodations, comfortable hotels, ground transportation for easy and convenient travel, expert-guided tours to the must-see attractions, and authentic local experiences and cultural interactions. Get ready to create memories that will last a lifetime. Email Mrs. O’Leary at [email protected] for more details.

Lights…camera…ACTION! The Homecoming Dance this year will be Hollywood-themed. The dance will take place on the turf at TWHS Stadium at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 7th. Tickets and guest forms will be available two weeks before the dance beginning next Monday. In the event of poor weather, communication will go out by 12:00 p.m. on Saturday if the dance needs to be moved into the main gym.

Feeling thrifty? Got old dresses cluttering up your closet? TWHS Student Council is sponsoring a new idea: a “Formal Swap” before the upcoming Homecoming Dance. Next week, students and parents may drop off used formal wear items including homecoming dresses, dress shirts/ties, dress pants, or dress shoes. Collections will occur outside of Central Office before school and during lunch. Each item donated will be exchanged for a Swap Ticket to be exchanged for a different item. The Swap will take place once all donations are in at school on Monday, October 2nd. Students who do not bring in donations will be able to pick up formal wear for a small fee. All remaining proceeds will be donated to Fairy Goodmothers.

This week, Student Council is sponsoring a toiletry drive with donations heading to the Military and Service Heroes Pantry in Marysville, Ohio. Biggest needs include toothbrushes/toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo/conditioner, and hand soap. Donations can be brought to any English classroom. The drive will end on Friday, September 22.

Due to summer travel and an active hurricane season, the American Red Cross is experiencing a nationwide blood shortage. In a few weeks, you can step up to make a difference. Student Council will be sponsoring its first blood drive of the year on Friday, October 13th. Students age 16 and over may donate. Sixteen-year-olds require a parent permission form. Sign-ups will begin next Monday during lunch outside of Central Office.