The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for September 26, 2023

Are you interested in the science of the world around us? Do you want possible community service opportunities? Come to Environmental club’s first meeting after school at 3:30 on TODAY, September 26th in room 183! In the first meeting, we will brainstorm ideas and discuss what Environmental club will look like as well as our activities

All this week, bring in old formal wear items like homecoming dresses, dress shirts, and ties for Student Council’s first Formal Swap. We will open up a “Swap Shop” on Monday, October 2nd during lunch periods for TWHS kids to pick up formal wear for the upcoming Homecoming Dance. Donations can be brought to Central Office in the morning or Door 16 throughout the day. Sustainable! Thrifty! Fun!

If you are interested in spending your spring break in Puerto Rico, snorkeling through Caribbean coral, ziplining through a rainforest, repelling down a waterfall, hiking, and exploring Historic San Juan all while earning a half science credit then check out Worthington Field Studies info night, on Monday, October 9th at 5:30 pm, meeting in Rm. 186. Feel free to ask Mr. Williams for more information.

The girls had a fantastic night of racing at the Celtic Clash on Saturday with some LIFE-TIME PRs being established while the bagpipes played! Again this weekend the Cardinals were led by freshman Lainey Fauth and junior Mary Darling, with freshman Rennie Mondrach having a breakthrough performance by finishing with a career personal record. Freshman Zoe Kuzio, junior Alaina Smullen, junior Layna Hughes, and Senior Abby Dulgar rounded out the top seven. We have four more weeks of training prior to the District Championship! Don’t ever settle…keep striving to be the best you! Decide to Win!!!

Get excited Cards! Next Friday, Student Council will host a homecoming pep rally at the end of the day before the game and dance in the main gym. Bring that Cardinal Pride to cheer on our fall athletes and the members of your class during some fun and games.

Homecoming tickets! Our Hollywood-themed dance will be on the turf Saturday October 7th from 8-11pm. Go to your graduating class’s schoology page to find links for tickets sales, Homecoming court voting, guest forms and more! You can also find QR codes all over the school – but be sure to log your phone into your school account. Tips for the dance: bring money for the concession stand and no heels are allowed on the turf. So be prepared with extra shoes or walk barefoot. Homecoming Court voting ends Wed October 4th and Guest forms are due Fri Oct 6th to Mrs. Volpe in central office. Get your tickets now before we run out – see you there!

Student Council will host its first blood drive in collaboration with the Red Cross on Friday, 10/13. Students age 16 and older may sign up to donate beginning next week. Ask a student council member if you have questions about donating.

The PSAT/NMSQT, which is for 10th and 11th graders who signed up, is on October 10th. We will be on a normal bell schedule. All students who signed up must complete a readiness check. If you have not completed the readiness check, please stop down in central office and see Lou Thomas; this is a requirement before you test. If you HAVE completed the readiness check, please log into Bluebook using your testing ticket, this will automatically updated the software. Additionally, feel free to complete the practice assessment to be familiar with the accessibility features. Please continue to check your school email for additional information

Grab a friend and join your fellow classmates Summer 2024 for a once in a lifetime trip to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji! The trip includes all flights, accommodations, ground transportation, expert-guided tours, and authentic local experiences. Get ready to create memories that will last a lifetime. Email Mrs. O’Leary at [email protected] for more details.

TODAY Tuesday September 26th the french club is hosting its second meeting outside of the modular’s after school. France is hosting the olympics this year and the french club will be doing sports and board games. Follow the instagram for more info later this week.”

This Thursday, September 28 is the last day to drop a class, without a failing grade. If you’ve been thinking about it, it’s time to do something about it. If you have any questions, stop by the counseling office, we’ll help you out.

HELLO CARDS, ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT OTHER CULTURES AND SHARING YOUR OWN? WANT TO BE A PART OF INTERNATIONAL DAY AND LEARN WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PEACE AMBASSADOR? THEN JOIN THE TWHS UNIDO CLUB! OUR FIRST MEETING WILL BE TODAY SEPTEMBER 26 AT 3:30 IN MODULAR 7! WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU”