The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for Tuesday October 3, 2023

The Environmental Club’s second meeting will be TODAY, Oct 3rd in room 183! We will be going out to the main parking lot to pick up trash, but meeting in the classroom first. Gloves and bags will be provided as well as snacks beforehand!

Thank you to everyone who brought in items during last week’s Formal Swap. Today during lunch, Student Council will be set up outside of Central office for kids with a Swap Ticket to pick up items for Homecoming. Come by 3rd, 4th, or 5th period.

If you are interested in spending your spring break in Puerto Rico, snorkeling through Caribbean coral, ziplining through a rainforest, repelling down a waterfall, hiking, and exploring Historic San Juan all while earning a half science credit, then check out Worthington Field Studies info night, on Monday, October 9th at 5:30 pm, meeting in Rm. 186. Feel free to ask Mr. Williams for more information.

Want to represent your class in Friday’s pep rally during some fun games? Check out the link on the Student Council Instagram (@twhs.student.council) to sign up. We need 2 teams of 2 from each class.

Homecoming tickets! Our Hollywood-themed dance will be on the turf Saturday, October 7th from 8-11 pm. Go to your graduating class’s schoology page to find links for tickets sales, Homecoming court voting, guest forms, and more! You can also find QR codes all over the school.

Tips for the dance: bring money for the concession stand and no high heels are allowed on the turf. Homecoming Court voting ends Wed October 4th and Guest forms are due Fri Oct 6th to Mrs. Volpe in central office. Get your tickets now before we run out – see you there!

Student Council will host its first blood drive in collaboration with the Red Cross on Friday, October 13. Students age 16 and older may sign up to donate at the Aviary anytime this week or next. Sign up early before spots fill up.

The PSAT/NMSQT, which is for 10th and 11th graders who signed up, is on October 10th. We will be on a normal bell schedule. All students who signed up must complete a readiness check. Once complete, make sure you log into Bluebook using your testing ticket. Please continue to check your school email for additional information. If you have not completed the readiness check, see Lou Thomas in central office.

If you have any announcements, song requests, or shoutouts please send them to [email protected]. And remember, It’s always a great day to be a Cardinal!