The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for Feb 6, 2024

Hey TWHS, are you ready to shine? THIS Saturday, February 10th Student Council will host the 2024 Winter Formal Dance. The theme for the dance is Glitter and Gold. The dance will take place from 8-11pm in the Main Gym. Tickets are on sale now. They can be purchased by scanning the QR code on posters around the school or by visiting Student Council’s Instagram page. Guest forms will be due Thursday, February 8th to Mrs. Volpe in the Central Office.

This week, Student Council will host a spirit week before the Winter Formal Dance.
TODAY is Beachwear Day
TMRW is Teacher/Student SWAP Day – students dress like teachers, teachers dress like students
Thursday is Jersey Day
Friday is Glitter and Gold Day

THIS Friday, February 9th Student Council will host its next Red Cross Blood Drive in the Main Gym. Sign ups will be available for students age 16 and older in the Aviary. Donate and save a life! All donors will receive a $20 Amazon gift card from the Red Cross after their donation.

Join the Bible Study club! Come learn, spend some time, eat some good food and listen to some music, every Thursday after school in room 270! This week we are starting our morning meetings at 7:45 on Wednesdays. Because of parent-teacher conferences, our after-school meeting will be moved to also be moved to Wednesday this week. Can’t wait to see you there!”

Attention all those interested in participating in outdoor track and field this year, there will be a mandatory parent and athlete meeting on Thursday, February 15th at 6:00 pm in the cafeteria. If you have any questions, please see Coach Cox in room 277.

Attention Seniors: The Columbus Foundation’s Universal Scholarship application is open now until March 1. Completing this application puts students in the running for a variety of local scholarships including those that are specific to TW: The Matthew G. Miner and Olivia Midnight Scholarships. The School Counseling department will release their local scholarship application on Wednesday, March 6 through the TW School Counseling website for other scholarships specific to Thomas Worthington. We hope that all seniors consider taking advantage of these scholarship opportunities! If you have any questions, please stop by the School Counseling Office..

If you are interested in brainstorming ideas for International Day please plan to meet after school TODAY in M7 on Tuesday Feb. 6 until 4:00. Or- stop by period 2,6, or 8 on Wednesday! International Day is April 25th!
Muslim Student Association is a club for muslims and non-muslims to connect over Islam, their very first movie night is this friday, the 9th, in room 20 after school. Come out to meet new people.

Interested in College Credit Plus classes next year? If so, you must turn in the “Intent to Participate” form which can be picked up in the School Counseling Office. The intent to participate form must be signed and returned to Mr. Quart for returning or new CCP students. Don’t hesitate to get the form turned in as there are deadlines to follow!

Are you ready to play a mind-stimulating game that can challenge and entertain you? Join the Cardinal Chess Club! We will play, learn and enjoy the game! Playing chess can greatly improve your cognitive abilities, including enhancing your intellect, sharpening your critical thinking skills, boosting creativity, and to create a socializing and fun environment! The Cardinal Chess Club offers an excellent opportunity to engage in this intellectually stimulating game. Join us weekly on Mondays from 3:30 to 4:30 in Room 222. If you’re interested and want to be part of the Cardinal Chess Club, please stop by at Room 222 after school on Monday.

Environmental club is hosting a clean-up TODAY, Tuesday, February 6th. We will meet in room 183 to pass out bags, gloves, and snacks, then going outside to clean up the parking lot as well as areas around school property! This is a great way to improve our community’s environment, along with earning service hours! All new and returning members are welcome. See you guys there!
Culture is always to be celebrated. Come celebrate a night of Black Culture at its finest featuring Music, Art, Fashion and more on Thursday, February 22nd @7:00 here at TWHS!

If you have any announcements, song requests, or shoutouts please send them to [email protected]. And remember, It’s always a great day to be a Cardinal!