Announcements for Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021

• In an effort to celebrate this Black History Month we will be airing little known Black History facts throughout the month.
    • Today we will recognize Autherine Lucy. On this day in 1956, Autherine Lucy attended classes at the University of Alabama as the first Black student admitted. As a result,  white students and residents rioted in protest. Lucy was suspended by the school. The university cited “safety concerns” as the reason for her suspension

• The Latinx Club will be hosting the “Spread the Love” Fundraiser in which they will be selling flower grams for $1 each in front of the aviary. They will be selling from February 4th through February 9th during all lunch periods and will be delivering them from February 10th through the 12th during 3rd period. All the proceeds will be donated to the Ohio Hispanic Coalition which helps hispanic families all throughout the Columbus area.

• Freshmen! Sign up for the 2021 Freshman Showcase! Theatre Freshman will be paired with a senior, and will have the opportunity to perform a scene to showcase their talents! Sign-ups for showcase are on the Cardinal Theatre door! Showcase will take place on March 12th. If you have questions please see Mr. Nawman immediately

• Students interested in taking a college credit plus course next year may now pick up the “Intent to Participate” form in the School Counseling Office. The intent form is required to participate in college level courses next year. Sign and return to the Counseling Office as soon as possible! If you have questions, you can email or make an appointment with Mr. Quart in the Counseling Office.

• New and current theatre students who are interested in a backstage role: Sign up to be part of the crew for Annie! The theatre is looking to finalize members of the run crew for Annie, and we could use your help! We have a number of opportunities open from hair, makeup, props, lights, and a number of other fun opportunities. You will need to have open availability from February 15th to February 25th. If you are interested see Mr. Nawman as soon as possible

It’s a great day to be a cardinal.