Announcements for September 1, 2022

• Not quite sure what you want to do after high school?  Explore your passions at the Worthington Robotics Club!!  With robot construction, computer programming, CAD design, graphic design, business planning, and marketing, our team lets students gain hands-on experience working with industry professionals to learn and get creative with real-world problems.  A great way to boost your resume and learn with a community of like-minded engineers!

• Meet us for our first introduction meeting after school on Wednesday, October 19th at Worthington Kilbourne High School in Room 146. Don’t have a ride?  Bus 55 will take you there.  For more information, please consult Mr. Brown in room 159 in the STEM hallway.

• Did you know Thomas Worthington is home to dozens of amazing clubs and programs that you can join? On Friday, September 9th we will be hosting an Involvement Fair for all students during the lunch periods in the main gym. TWHS clubs will have booths set up where you can find info like how to join, meeting times, and what they do. Head down during lunch and check out everything the school has to offer. Whether you’re into robots, sound effects (Zzzzzzng!), or brunch you may just find your new thing!”

• If you’re interested in exploring the Science World but at your own pace, come to our first Science Olympiad Meeting this friday, Sept 2 in room 156. We will introduce you to some of the fun events that we compete in, and we will provide snacks! Come check us out, no pressure at all. See you in room 156 3:30-4:30 this friday at our first Science Olympiad meeting!

• 6th Grade Camp Counselors Needed! Worthingway is looking for 10th, 11th, or 12th grade students to serve as counselors for 6th Grade Camp September 19 – 21.  Applications are in the TWHS Counseling Center.  Questions? Contact Mr. Nathan Kellenberger or Ms. Tiffany Smith at Worthingway.

• The first Chemistry Club meeting this year will be in room 177 on Wednesday, September 7th at 3:30 pm.  We will pick officers and make a plan for future meetings.

• FRESHMEN: Do you want to lead your class and school? Do you want to play a major role in shaping and carrying out some of the biggest events at TWHS? Do you want to help have a positive impact on our community? Then you should run to be a part of the Freshman Class Student Council! Applications and more information can be found in Mrs. Davidson’s room (126). Class Officer and Representative Applications are due by 9/7. See Mrs. Davidson in room 126 with any questions!

• Are you interested in volunteering at an elementary school and helping students there? Cards for Kids needs volunteers!  You can learn more about the program and pick up an application in the Main/Attendance Office!  Applications are due by September 12th.

We are excited to have our students attend events free of charge again this year!

Here are the Game Expectations for Thomas Worthington High School Events:

• Worthington Students in grades 6 – 12 will be admitted FREE to regular season events with a school ID (tip:  take a picture of your ID with your phone so you always have it!)
  • Footballs, soccer balls, etc. are not permitted to be brought into the game
  • Students will be expected to sit in the stands during the game.  No gathering in other areas of the stadium.  Please sit in the student section
  • No face paint or full face masks permitted to be worn
  • No food or drink is permitted to be brought into the stadium
  • Do not bring bags into the stadium of any type
  • Re-entry is not permitted without purchasing ticket
  • Cheer for our team.  Cheers directed towards our opponent, their fans, officials, etc. are not acceptable
  • Please clean up your area at the student tailgate.  Nobody likes a mess or paint on their cars!  Let an administrator know if you need more trash cans/bags
  • A reminder that games are all ‘school events’ and all rules regarding appropriate behavior apply even though it is after school hour

Shout out to Mrs.Hertenstien from her 2nd period!