Announcements for September 6, 2022

• The Cardinal Theatre will open the 22-23 season with Picasso at the Lapin Agile (pronounced LAH-PAN AEH-GEEL). Picasso at the Lapin Agile is an absurdist comedy that looks at what would happen if Pablo Picasso and Albert Einstein met at a bar in Paris before they made their breakthroughs in art and science. Picasso at the Lapin Agile will run Sept 15th 16th and 17th at 8pm. Please visit www.twhstheatre.org to purchase tickets.
  • Not quite sure what you want to do after high school? Explore your passions at the Worthington Robotics Club!! With robot construction, computer programming, CAD design, graphic design, business planning, and marketing, our team lets students gain hands-on experience working with industry professionals to learn and get creative with real-world problems. A great way to boost your resume and learn with a community of like-minded engineers!
    Meet us for our first introduction meeting after school on Wednesday, October 19th at Worthington Kilbourne High School in Room 146. Don’t have a ride? Bus 55 will take you there. For more information, please consult Mr. Brown in room 159 in the STEM hallway.
  • Did you know Thomas Worthington is home to dozens of amazing clubs and programs that you can join? On Friday, September 9th we will be hosting an Involvement Fair for all students during the lunch periods in the main gym. TWHS clubs will have booths set up where you can find info like how to join, meeting times, and what they do. Head down during lunch and check out everything the school has to offer. Whether you’re into robots, sound effects (Zzzzzzng!), or brunch you may just find your new thing!”
  • A reminder that the French Club will meet tomorrow, Wednesday, September 7 in Madame Laird’s room, 136, after school. Come enjoy a French snack and help plan the year for the French club. We will also elect new officers.
  • 6th Grade Camp Counselors Needed!
    Worthingway is looking for 10th, 11th, or 12th-grade students to serve as counselors for 6th Grade Camp from September 19 – 21. Applications are in the TWHS Counseling Center. Questions? Contact Mr. Nathan Kellenberger or Ms. Tiffany Smith at Worthingway.
  • The first Chemistry Club meeting this year will be in room 177 on Wednesday, September 7th at 3:30 pm. We will pick officers and make a plan for future meetings.”
  • FRESHMEN: Do you want to lead your class and school? Do you want to play a major role in shaping and carrying out some of the biggest events at TWHS? Do you want to help have a positive impact on our community? Then you should run to be a part of the Freshman Class Student Council! Applications and more information can be found in Mrs. Davidson’s room (126). Class Officer and Representative Applications are due by 9/7. See Mrs. Davidson in room 126 with any questions!
  • Introducing the brand new club you’ve all been waiting for… The Thomas Worthington Spikeball Club! Join us on Wednesday, September 14th at 3:40 at the main entrance flag pole for the most epic Spikeball matches you’ve ever seen. If you have a net, bring it! If not, that’s ok! If you are already a pro, now is your time! Don’t even know what spike ball is? Even better! Can’t wait to see you there!
  • Are you interested in volunteering at an elementary school and helping students there? Cards for Kids needs volunteers! You can learn more about the program and pick up an application in the Main/Attendance Office! Applications are due by September 12th.

If you have any announcements or song requests, or shout-outs please send them to [email protected].

Follow @twhsmorningannouncements on TikTok to see behind-the-scenes of the announcements in action!!