Announcements for September 26, 2022

• The Social Studies department needs you! The Thomas Worthington Veterans Day program will take place on November 10th to celebrate veterans and provide a platform for service members to share their experiences with students. The Social Studies Department is looking for students interested in serving on the Veterans Day Committee to help facilitate the program; this includes decorating, supporting veterans, and a variety of leadership positions. See your Social Studies teacher for more information, or scan the QR code on flyers throughout the building. The deadline to join the committee is October 7th.

• “The French club will be having a meeting on October 4th after school in room 136. Even if you don’t speak French you are welcome to join us.”

• Wednesday, September 28 is the last day to drop a class without a failing grade or to take a class pass/fail. There are forms that need to be completed for either one. Please stop by the Counseling office for the form or if you have questions about either of these options.

• TWHS will be transported to Paris for the night at our Homecoming Dance on Saturday Oct 1! Be sure to buy your ticket to the dance on Hometown Ticketing. Posters will be going up to help you purchase tickets. Homecoming will once again be on the turf if the weather allows, so dress for the weather. IF you are planning to bring a non-TWHS guest to the dance, be sure to submit a Guest Dance form to Mrs. Volple in Central office prior to purchasing your tickets – guest forms are due no later than 3:15pm on Friday Sept 30. See you at the Homecoming Dance, Saturday Oct 1!

• Homecoming Spirit Week is almost upon us! Today is Dress for the Wrong Weather Day. Wednesday is Country vs. Country Club Day. Thursday is Jersey Day. And Friday is a Blackout. Show your TWHS pride by going all out for spirit week!

• Join Worthington Field Studies next summer for a month-long camping adventure in the Pacific Northwest. Earn a credit in Field Ecology while exploring nature by hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, and whale watching.  For more information and to access the WFSI website, scan the QR code on one of the posters in the hallways or see any science teacher

• “This Friday, Student Council will be hosting a tailgate on the front lawn of TWHS before the homecoming football game from 5-6:30pm. Come out to enjoy tons of lawn games, Dairy Queen, and pizza. Just want to hang out and play games? That’s free. Want a few slices of pizza? Please purchase a $5 food ticket from the Student Council window across from the Aviary next week. See a Student Council representative with any questions. See you there!”
  • The Environmental Club will hold its first meeting Wednesday, September 28th from 3:30-4 in room 156.  This will be an informational meeting where we will discuss our goals for the club.
  • Get excited to attend the Homecoming pep rally on Friday September 30th in the main gym. Make sure to sit with your graduating class.

You can find a written copy of these announcements on TWHSnews.com 

If you have any announcements or song requests, or shout-outs please send them to [email protected]

Go check out @twhsmorningannouncements on TikTok to see a behind the scenes of the announcements in action!!

And remember It’s always a great day to be a Cardinal!