Announcements for October 6, 2022

• Join Worthington Field Studies next summer for a month-long camping adventure in the Pacific Northwest. Earn a credit in Field Ecology while exploring nature by hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, and whale watching.  For more information and to access the WFSI website, scan the QR code on one of the posters in the hallways or see any science teacher

• Any junior who is interested in pursuing a medical career, please see Ms. Starks in the counseling office for the opportunity to participate in a summer internship with Columbus State University next summer.

• Not quite sure what you want to do after high school?  Explore your passions at the Worthington Robotics Club!!  With robot construction, computer programming, CAD design, graphic design, business planning, and marketing, our team lets students gain hands-on experience working with industry professionals to learn and get creative with real-world problems.  A great way to boost your resume and learn with a community of like-minded engineers! Meet us for our first introduction meeting after school on Wednesday, October 19th at Worthington Kilbourne High School in Room 146. Don’t have a ride?  Bus 55 will take you there.  For more information, please consult Mr. Brown in room 159 in the STEM hallway.

• Did you have a great time at Brunch Club last month? Are you planning on joining Brunch Club either in October or in the future? Make sure to order your official Brunch Club TShirt THIS WEEK! TShirts are $25 and all money and orders are due to Mrs. Ward in Room 246 by TOMORROW, October 7th. Want more info? See a poster hanging up in the hallways or talk to Mrs. Ward in Room 246. You don’t want to miss out on these shirts, so order yours today!

• Hey! Did you know that Sweetest Day is Oct 15th? Why not send your sweetie…crush…friend or favorite staff member a flower and note! The flowers range from $2…to $7. They will be delivered to the recipient on Friday Oct 14th to celebrate Sweetest Day. Flower-o-grams are  payable via CashApp or cash. Find a Lady Cards Dance team member in the cafeteria or in front of Central Office during lunch starting today through Thursday- Oct 12th.

• Winter is coming so Ski Club is back again! This year, Kilbourne High School will be going with us! If you are interested in learning about what Ski Club is you should attend the interest meeting Wednesday Oct 12th at 6pm in our Library. This meeting will provide dates and prices for our trips. If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can email Mrs. Ohm for more information. See you there!

• Thomas is holding its first drive of the year, the coat drive, please bring in coats, scarves, gloves, and other winter apparel that is gently used or completely new. The class that brings in the most will earn a donut party at the end of the drive on october 14th!

• Introducing the thomas Worthington Bible Study! Ever find yourself curious about that big book everyone is talking about? Come find out! Next Monday the 10th we will dive into the topic of truth. What is Truth? Why is Truth important? All are welcome! Can’t wait to see you there!

You can find a written copy of these announcements on TWHSnews.com 

If you have any announcements or song requests, or shout-outs please send them to [email protected]

Go check out @twhsmorningannouncements on TikTok to see a behind the scenes of the announcements in action!!

And remember It’s always a great day to be a Cardinal!