The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Announcements for September 12, 2023

• The first Girls of Color Club meeting is this Wednesday, September 13th in room 278 right after school. Hang out with us as we get to know each other and think about projects for the year!
  • Are you interested in global issues? Do you want to make an impact? If so, come by Mod 3 on Wednesday at 7:45 to learn about the new club SEAGO. Student Engagement and Global Outreach is a club that aims to get students involved in topics from around the world and to help them make an impact on issues that matter most to them.
  • Each year, TWHS honors our military Veterans in November. We always have a student committee that helps to organize this important day. Are you interested in serving on the TWHS Veterans Day Student Committee? If so, please join us on Thursday, September 14 at 8:00 a.m. in Mr. Cox’s room, 277.
  • Do you want to join Cards for kids? Thomas Worthington High School students involved in the Cards For Kids Program serve as mentors to elementary school students. The Cards For Kids Program provides a way to use the talents and skills of teens as role models to younger children and be supportive to teachers in the classroom. If you would like to sign up or get more information, please stop down in the counseling office to pick up an application.
  • Interested in seeing the top sites of Ireland, Scotland, and England while traveling with your TWHS classmates? Then, you’re in luck! TWHS is traveling to the United Kingdom in June of 2024. All interested students and parents are invited to attend an informational meeting via Zoom on Thursday, September 14th at 7:00 pm. See Ms. VanFossen in room 269 to RSVP!
  • Are you that friend who won’t stop talking about films? Do you have strong thoughts on what was the best movie of the summer? Do you just enjoy talking about movies with fellow movie lovers? Then Film Club is for you! We meet once a week. For more information, find a flier posted around school or stop by room 120.
  • Please join the Diversity Club for our first meeting, Friday, September 15th, during 4th period. We will be meeting in the choir room.