The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

What Are Seniors Doing After Graduation

Stay in touch with you peers after graduation
Maggie Erickson

With a school as big as Thomas, students often find themselves graduating without knowing what their classmates are going to pursue after the fact.  We encourage students to reach out, and ask the kids they grew up with what their hopes and dreams are.  TWHS news has done some of the dirty work for you, asking a variety of eight students, all involved in different activities, what they see their future looking like.  After being asked a variety of questions about their highschool experience, and what they plan to do after graduation these were the responses.  

Mollie Geiger- (Theatre, Varsity Lacrosse)

“I’ve been doing theater since I was in 4th grade and have always had a passion for that and singing,  I’ve also been doing lacrosse since 3rd grade.” 

Geiger continues to tell us her impressive plans after graduation.  “I plan to major in acting at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design)  and do singing on my own time. Maybe if I have time, I can join a lacrosse club.”

Emma Lynch- (Varsity Vollyball, Freshman Mentor) 

“In my four years here at Thomas Worthington High School I have been involved in volleyball every year and played club before that. I was a freshman mentor, and was also part of the EBA program along with a student internship with the local paper, Worthington Spotlight.”

Lynch goes onto tell us about her plans following highschool.   “Next year I will be going to Ohio University majoring in Journalism at the E.W Scripps School,  and minoring in sports media broadcasting! I plan to rush to a sorority,  and find an internship if I can. As well as possible club volleyball.”

Erin FInnerty- (Editor and Chief of yearbook, NHS, Freshman Mentor, French Club President,Vertins day committee co-chair)

“I’ve been involved in many clubs at Thomas; most notably, I am Editor-in-Chief of the Yearbook and Co-President of the French club. I’m also a freshman mentor, I’m in NHS, and I am the Veteran’s Day Committee co-chair. Also, every year, I help our Mr. Pflieger with the Secret Santa Toy Drive.”  “Next year, I plan to go to OSU to study Microbiology or Biochemistry  (I haven’t entirely decided yet) and potentially minor/ double major in history. I’d like to pursue a career in Cosmetic Chemistry.” Finnerty Contines.    

Logan Gardner- (Football Captain, Member of Student Leadership Activity Board)  

“I am going to play Football at Eastern Kentucky University. I plan on majoring in education or nursing. I am currently involved in baseball and a part of the SALB group for our school.”

Maddie Barath- 

“This year, I’ve been doing some self-exploration to get a better idea of what my interests are.  I have been taking a variety of different classes, working at Starbucks, and planning to start a business internship soon.  As for next year.”  “I am probably going to go to college, most likely for business, at Otterbein, OSU, or Columbus State.  However, I am also considering taking a gap year to continue working, and to decide what exactly I want to go to school for.”  Barath Continues. 

Annabella Majors-(Digital Design at DACC) 

“After highschool I am planning on being involved with mission work. I have been in the digital design program at DACC for the past two years and have fallen in love with graphic design so I plan to use that to help me fund my missions trips by starting a clothing business. I think I am also going to be interning at my church over the summer specifically in the next gen/youth department because over the past year I’ve been involved with the middle school ministry within my youth group!”

Miriam Elbana- (Freshman Mentor, Diversity Club, Student Council, Unido) 

“After High school, I’m planning on going to Egypt for University. I’m planning on pursuing political science or Mass media.” Mariam Continues,  “I plan on doing big things after I get my degree. I’ve been involved in Diversity Club, International Day, Freshman Mentors, Black History month, Student Council, Unido.”

Kamryn Woodard- (Orchestra, Future medical Professional club, Freshman Mentor) 

“Over the course of my time at Thomas Worthington High School, I have led and participated in a number of clubs, events, and activities. These include the orchestra, the future medical professionals club, the science Olympiad, the freshman mentoring, student council, diversity club, unido, film club, and black history month at TWHS.” After sharing her impressive accomplishments Woodard shared her plans for after highschool.  “My goals are to attend university after graduation with a focus on global health and medicine. Eventually, I wish to work as a doctor, traveling the world and treating people who need medical attention.”