Worthington Water Polo Takes on States

TWHS+Girls+Water+Polo+team+poses+with+trophy+after+final+match.+

Don Miller

TWHS Girls Water Polo team poses with trophy after final match.

Abbie Miller

The Thomas Worthington Boys Water Polo Team played at Mason and Princeton High school in their state tournament from Friday, October 28th to Saturday, October 29th.  The team had high hopes going into the weekend, and came away with a strong third place finish.

Friday, October 21st to Saturday, October 22nd, the Thomas Worthington Girls Water Polo Team participated in their state tournament, at Princeton High School in Cincinnati, Ohio.  On Friday night, going into the tournament as the fifth seeded team, the girls played a tough game against Mason High School, pulling through with one-point victory; the final score was 11-10.

On Saturday afternoon, the team faced a tough opponent in the two-time defending state champions of Upper Arlington.  Unfortunately, after a hard-fought game, the team was not able to accomplish a victory.

The final game they played was to determine the team who wins the third place.  Their opponent was the number 6 seeded team, Sycamore High School.  Thomas went on to win third place, defeating Sycamore with a score of 7-6.  “The team felt confident going into the tournament,” said junior Elaine Miller, “and it was a great feeling to come away with the third place trophy.  Next year we are ready to take on Upper Arlington for first.”