The student news site of Thomas Worthington High School

Midterms: No Matter the Method, Preparation is Key

Students deep in thought during their mid term exam in Introduction to Journalism in room 287.

Seniors at Thomas Worthington H.S. are knee-deep in the chaos of midterms and stress levels are through the roof. With exams upon us, students are caught in the crossfire of lofty academic expectations and the already stressful task of college admissions, creating a perfect mix of stress. 

Senior Cameron Stoller confidently characterizes his upcoming calculus exam as “a breeze”, crediting his ease to the thorough preparation provided by his teacher, Mr. Dosky. In contrast, senior Seth Keasel expresses feelings of “slight nervousness” and “stress” as he’s struggling with the pressure of his multiple exams and heavy expectations. 

However, it’s not just Stoller and Keasel in this mix. Senior John Fouss has come up with a “fool-proof” game plan of how he plans to crush his midterms. His excellent time management of baseball and books he credits to the Worthington library which he claims is the “most productive” place for studying. He advocates that students should “come together” and collaborate in libraries by teaming up, sharing notes, and encouraging each other to succeed. 

Regardless of the study method, this frantic time is full of all the emotions that seniors go through as midterms commence. Hopefully you studied.